We Are Local
Hubacher Ames & Taylor, PLLC provides a broad range of services to local governments (including airports) in the area of telecommunications law. Our practice concentrates on matters related to access to rights-of-way and other public property by telecommunications providers, cable operators, wireless companies, and other private entities. We have specific experience in the following areas:
- Conducting cable franchise renewal proceedings.
- Negotiating cable television and telecommunications franchise agreements.
- Providing legal advice regarding cable franchise transfers.
- Assisting with cable franchise enforcement.
- Negotiating wireless antenna site leases.
- Providing legal advice regarding the application of federal and state laws and regulations governing telecommunications and cable services, and access to rights-of-way and other public property.
- Drafting local cable regulatory ordinances, right-of-way management ordinances, and wireless facility siting ordinances.
- Monitoring proceedings at the Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”).
- Preparing comments and other filings for submission to the FCC.
- Providing advice on effective participation in proceedings at the FCC.
- Conducting appeals of FCC decisions.
- Providing legal advice on constitutional questions, including First Amendment and Fifth Amendment issues.
We consider it a privilege to assist our public sector clients in these matters, and are grateful for the opportunity to serve the public in this way.